Wheat Grass Powder (Triticum aestivum)
$9.63 – $19.25
Numerous health experts have determined that the chlorophyll within the wheatgrass is practically identical to that of the hemoglobin which is found within the blood of a human.
Wheatgrass is made from the cotyledons (seed leaves) of the normal wheat plant Triticum aestivum. It is usually sold as a juice or powder concentrate. The difference between wheatgrass and wheat malt is that wheatgrass is left to grow for longer until it reaches the Jointing Stage, where it has peak nutritional value. It is then freeze-dried (i.e. at a low temp) or served fresh. In comparison, standard wheat malt is harvested earlier and then dried at a higher temperature. Wheatgrass therefore manages to produce, and maintain, a highly nutritious content compared to normal wheat. Consumers of wheatgrass report that their levels of energy greatly increase, their skin clears up and illnesses, coughs and allergies are alleviated.
Key Facts Regarding Wheatgrass
- 30mls of wheatgrass juice has the same nutritional value of 1 kg of green leafy vegetables.
- 90 minerals can be found in the wheatgrass including potassium,magnesium,sodium,and calcium
- Wheatgrass contains enzymes such as cytochrome oxidase, protease, amylase, transhydrogenase, and lipase.
- Wheatgrass contains 19 different amino acids.
- The juice of wheatgrass allows the body to increase red blood cell production, thereby increasing oxygenation.
- Wheatgrass contains a large amount of vitamin C.
|Type & Size|