Helichrysum Essential Oil (gymnocephalum)
$48.00 – $72.00
Helichrysum gymnocephalum is a flowering plant in the sunflower family (Asteraceae) found in Madagascar. It is used locally for its alleged aphrodisiac, antiseptic, and stimulant properties, and also as a treatment for bronchitis. The essential oil is sold internationally for these same purposes. This oil mostly consists of 1,8-Cineole, the organic compound Eucalyptol, which may account for these properties.
Helichrysum Gymnocephalum essential oil is anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic used for cuts, wounds, bruises, ulcers, herpes, rheumatism, gingivitis, pyorrhea, gastritis, sore throat, reverses hearing loss, and typhoid fever. Helichrysum Gymnocephalum essential oil induces menstruation, aids painful menstruation and headaches, and induces milk formation.
- Analgesic: reduces pain by acting in various ways on the central nervous system and peripheral nervous system.
- Anti-asthmatic: provides some form of relief in asthma
- Anti-bacterial: kills or slows the growth of bacteria
- Anti-spasmosdic: prevents or relieves muscle spasms
- Anti-infectious: aids in reducing or suppressing infection
- Anti-inflammatory: reduces inflammation
- Anti-microbial: kills or inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi or protozoans.
- Anti-rheumatic: relieves pain or reduces pain associated with immobilizing disorders and complaints of the musculoskeletal system.
- Anti-septic: reduces the possibility of infection of living tissue
- Anti-viral: useful for treating viral infections
- Aphrodisiac: increases sexual desire
- Decongestant: relieves nasal congestion in the upper respiratory tract
- Expectorant: clears mucus from the lungs, bronchi, and trachea by increasing the amount of secretions which lubricate the respiratory tract.
- Hypotensive: lowers blood pressure
- Immune support: aids in the functioning of the immune system
- Mucolytic: reduces mucus buildup in the lungs to help improve breathing
- Stimulant: increases the levels of physiological or nervous activity in the body